Designer's Choice - Alexandra Mihaescu of Esculon

Up next in the Designer's Choice series is Astoria-dweller (and therefore a girl after my own heart), Alexandra Mihaescu, who designs the line contemporary jewelry line Esculon.  Alexandra's favorite piece in her current collection is the lovely Twiggy necklace ($115) above, comprised of twisted gold-filled wire with an orange chalcedony...she says:

Its organic, free-flowing form, gold shimmer and hint of warm, vibrant color makes an original and striking statement.

I like to refer to my design style as organized chaos. I create pieces that are inspired by nature. Every element in nature is asymmetrical to some degree and I try to express this idea through my designs. I like to design pieces with contrasting colors, uneven bead sizes and woven, messy wire. The wilder the better! This style philosophy is visible throughout my entire fall collection, which is all about twisted wire, golden hues and natural flow.

To learn more about Esculon, visit www.esculon.com or Alexandra's blog, Esculon Says.

0 comments: