The Fashion Bucket List: Rick Owens Sleeve-Detail Biker Jacket

As evidenced by my checking account balance (which all too often runs on empty), I'm a firm believer in INVESTING in the wardrobe classics, pieces that you can wear year after year without worrying that you'll look dated.  A leather jacket - be it aviator, moto or biker style - inarguably falls into that category, so on my Fashion Bucket List is the perfect leather jacket by the always dark, always edgy Rick Owens.

There are a few things that are really special about this jacket - among them, the paper thin and butter soft leather (death!), high neck, and asymmetrical front zip. And while Owens has simpler styles, without the  corded "spine" at the outer sleeve, I love how that small design detail subtly references skeletal structure.

The Rick Owens Sleeve-Detail Biker Jacket is available at Kirna Zabete. At $2,485, it may require the loss of a kidney, but somehow, I'll get through.

0 comments: