From Day to #BestNightEver: The Hair That Will Take You There

Summer has ARRIVED, friends and I'm all about making the most of it, day and night. In fact, a hot new addition to my iPhone Notes app is indeed an offical Summer Bucket List.

Included in the mix of must-do activities for this season's steamy weather are:

  • Hit a New York Yankees game or two (obvs!)
  • Enjoy an outdoor movie screening during the Bryant Park Summer Film Festival (full schedule here!)
  • Soak up sand, surf and the legendary Cyclone at Coney Island
  • Spend some quality time poolside, and at the poker table at Atlantic City's new Revel Resort

But I digress...Outside of weekend adventures, most of my summertime fun will be of the post-work variety, be it indulging in an innocent lobster roll with friends or a spicy margarita with the girls. For THOSE occasions, it's imperative to lock down an easy look that can transition from day to night, a la yesterday's OOTD, seen above and snapped by my dear friend Sarah of Style It Online.

  • First up,a simple yet sexy sleeveless dress a la this one from Forever 21 (similar florals here) goes work-appropriate with the addition of a cardigan or blazer (the lapel-free jacket seen above is Theory -other colors here.) Take off the jacket and loosen up - school's out!
  • Make your day look Girls' Night Out-appropriate by swapping out a chic flat sandal for a sky high pair of wedges, like the Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent Luellas, seen above.
  • As opposed to the Balenciaga Giant Covered City I'm toting, go hands free (it's not just for devices!) with an easy crossbody bag like the Donna Snake Sling Bag from Katherine Kwei.
  • Slap on a bright, bright lipstick that says look at me - I love MAC Girl About Town, a blue-toned pink.
  • Eschew a buttoned up bun or relaxed ponytail - hair down says that you're ready to play!

And speaking of hair...has anyone seen the new issue of Harper's Bazaar this month? You know, the one with gorgeous Kate Moss on the cover? I ask for fully selfish reasons, as I'm featured in a very exciting advertorial campaign for CLEAR Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy, a new and fully amazing collection of haircare products, designed to give you your best hair ever, in preparation for your BEST NIGHT EVER.

As often discussed on site, my hair is my everything. Blame it on my astrological sign - the Leo is best known for her mane, after all - or perhaps my insane narcissim, but one of my beauty PRIORITIES is strong, healthy, touchable and beautiful hair, which CLEAR Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy delivers, thanks to a formula focused first on scalp health.

If you want to chat hair and learn more about how to have the #BestNightEver, join me, Sydne Style and Fashion Style Beauty TODAY for a Twitter party with @ClearHair. Follow along, and join the conversation at 1pm EST by tagging your tweets with the hashtag #bestnightever - you'll have the chance to win one of four great prizes too! For more information, visit: Bestnightever.promojam.com 

This post was produced in association with Style Coalition and Clear Hair.

0 comments: