The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree: Leopard Print Love

'My Mom, The Style Icon'is one of my favorite pages in Lucky each month, and after perusing the August issue and reading Chynna Phillips take on her 'mama' Michelle Phillips style, I felt compelled to dig through some old photographs of my mom, who passed away a few years ago of lung cancer.

In those photos, I saw some surprising glimpses into my own style - most notably in my love of lots of leg (mama knew how to work her best assets) and an undying devotion to animal print. Apparently, a love of leopard, my friends, is HEREDITARY. Noted! Seen above is my latest leopard acquisition - a small and sequined pair of shorts from Forever 21. I paired them with an uber-soft, live-in worthy Not Photoshopped tee from Feel More Better, mega-sized House of Harlow Julie shades (alt color here) and my go-to studded and bedazzled Zara sandals.

Speaking of Feel More Better, it's an online women's magazine that encourages women to share and sound off about issues that affect us all. As an extension of the mag, they've created a 1-for-1 t-shirt collection dubbed "StoryTees." Each carry a positive and empowering message, and better yet, for each tee purchased, Feel More Better gives a new book to an underprivileged girl. The tee I'm wearing above clearly targets a major issue in media today, and one that affects the self-esteem of women worldwide. In an effort to take the message further, the team at Feel More Better has created the Media and Public Health Act, which aims to pass federal legislation requiring advertising and editorial that meaningfully change the human form through photoshopping or airbrushing to carry "Truth in Advertising" labels. Pretty powerful stuff, huh?

Learn more about Feel More Better, or better yet, purchase a Story Tee here. Oh, and by the by, I'm one of FIFTY women sharing Feel More Better's mission today. For a full gallery of participating bloggers, visit Stylecaster.

0 comments: