New Year's Eve Preparations: Kiss Kit



The countdown is ON in my apartment, which means pre-New Year's Eve beauty prep has begun. First up is a mean mixed mask concoction of Mario Badescu's Cucumber Tonic and Drying Masks, and next is my pre-kiss regimen, seen above.

The kiss kit is essential pre-date prep and the most important step in tonight's very special New Year's Eve beauty routine. In short:

  • Start with a Crest Whitestrip for a crisp white smile. I use the 3D White version seen above for 30 minutes a day, generally while I'm in the shower. On day 5 of the regimen, I have no sensitivity whatsover and my teeth are already visibly brightened - there's no substitute for these in my beauty book.
  • Next, to ensure smooth lips and later, the easy application of any lip color, apply a thick layer of lip scrub - I like the LUSH Popcorn Lip Scrub, it's all sweet and salty, OR Sara Happ's The Lip Scrub, seen below (and available in various scents/flavors) - and massage in gently, in circular motions.  
  • Lastly, wipe off remaining lip scrub with a warm, damp washcloth for added exfoliation and apply a thick, almost mask-like layer of a rich, emollient lip balm - I like Rodin Olio Lusso's best, seen above or the Simply Vera Vera Wang Cosmetics Soothing Balm, available exclusively at Kohl's.

Let the lip balm settle while you apply your makeup, and if you're applying color - be it a tinted balm, stain or lipstick - blot excess product with a single layer of tissue pre-applicable.

Voila! Your New Year's Eve Kiss Kit:

0 comments: