For Immediate Release: I Made Myself a Meal (Thanks to Blue Apron)




If there's one thing I'm terrible at (and trust me, there are actually several things I'm terrible at), it's COOKING. It just...seems like so much WORK, you guys. Particularly living in a city like New York, where cheap yet DELICIOUS food is bountiful. I mean, there's the whole recipe sourcing, hunting and gathering for ingredients, getting said ingredients home and then actually...cooking. I'm exhausted just thinking about it, if we're being completely honest. That said, eating out every night is an untenable pace even for me, so when Tamar at Fashion Binge (who's equally uninclined to cooking) clued me into Blue Apron, I had to give it a go.

This new delivery service, available in the Northeastern US, offers subscribers ALL of the raw ingredients (see above - that's how perfectly packaged and labeled even spices are) they need to produce 3 meals for the week, in exactly the right portions (you opt in to a vegetarian menu or meat/fish, as well as the number of people you'll be cooking for - 2, 4 or 6).  Each meal is designed to be well-balanced, healthy and delicious. And rest assured, guys, it's IDIOT PROOF, as each delivery includes full-color recipe cards and step-by-step instructions with PHOTOS!

Last night, I made myself a Moroccan Beef Tagine with dates and honey, and while it needed a little salt and pepper, it was delicious and took even kitchen-phobic me just under 30 minutes to make.

If you're as helpless as I am, check out Blue Apron online - deliveries begin at just $59.94/week or $9.99 per person/each meal.


0 comments: