Repurchase Worthy: 5 Products I'll Buy Again and Again




Beauty's SUCH a crowded space - there are new products to tempt constantly. And while I've always loved discovery - testing new products as opposed to rebuying past favorites - these days, I'm busier than ever and thereby less interested in exploring and more interested in guaranteed efficacy. That translates to more and more repurchases. Included in the mix most recently:

  • Maybelline's new Color Whisper by Color Sensational Lipstick - this lightweight formula, available in 20 shades, is sheer and moisturizing. It's the kind of lipstick that you can apply confidently without a mirror - I love the boost darker shades like Mad for Magenta and Who Wore It Red-er (seen above) offer. Best of all, they're a steal at just $7.49. Snag online here or at your local drugstore.
  • Tocca Stella, a juicy blood orange, is one of my favorite fragrances of all time. As such, I'll take it in every formulation available to me, but ESPECIALLY in the moisturizing Hand Wash, available for $18 at Beautyhabit.
  • It's nearly impossible for toothpaste to be glamorous, but Marvis makes the impossible POSSIBLE. Their toothpastes, available in a myriad of unique flavors (my favorite is Amarelli Licorice, seen above, but there's also Jasmine Mint, Ginger Mint, Aquatic Mint and several others) turns a beauty chore into a beauty treat - and for that, I'll gladly pay $10.50 a tube. Explore the gloriously Italian assortment of Marvis over at Beauty.com.
  • Frigid weather has REALLY taken a toll on my skin in the past week or two, so I've been relying on the heavy-duty moisture to be found in Yu-Be, the quirky yet concentrated glycerin-based moisturizer from Japan. I keep a tub bedside for urgent moisturization needs, and find myself actually enjoying the camphor scent (it dissipates quickly, for those of you who are less tolerant.) Snag Yu-Be at a Sephora store near you - they even keep handy purse-sized tubes near check out. Priced from $16-$25.
  • I've recently come to believe that Dove endorses laziness. Now, now -hear me out. I base this assumption on the best-in-class performance of their Deep Moisture Body Wash with NutriumMoisture technology. This rich body cleanser is one of the ONLY I've ever used that simply negates the need for moisturizer entirely. If winter weather has your skin feeling dry, tight or itchy, pick up a bottle (they're huge and will last you forever, btdubs) at Drugstore.com, or your closest mass market retailer. 

0 comments: