Destination: Le Parker Meridien Palm Springs

I was given a gift this week, essentially, with a perfectly timed, work-mandated visit to the West Coast. With temperatures dropping and snow expected up and down the East Coast, my destination: Le Parker Meridien Palm Springs, often referred to as simply The Parker. My blood pressure seemingly dropped almost upon arrival, and I left for LA yesterday with a new appreciation for the desert - if only the wildly glamorous desert experience of The Parker.

Designed down to every detail by Jonathan Adler, half of one of the most stylish couples I know (Simon Doonan is his partner, and I hesitate to use the term "better half" - after all, how can a girl choose?), every element at The Parker is thoughtfully chosen. I landed in a spacious Junior Suite, replete with killer photography of style mavens like Diana Vreeland, a framed illustration by Ruben Toledo and reading material that included The Andy Warhol Diaries in vintage hardcover.

The lobby and the grounds at the Parker are the true masterpiece, though. Expect glorious florals, the seductive smell of fresh orange blossom, and comfort above all, with playful hidden nooks, and naughty design touches.

It would be hard to call a stay at the Parker well-rounded without breakfast at Norma's (a Midtown New York breakfast staple, renowned for creative comfort food), copious amounts of pool time, and a spa treatment at the indulgent Palm Springs Yacht Club (I gave in to a massage with Jared and as Edith Piaf once sang so eloquently, I have no regrets).

Explore the gallery below for my snaps of The Parker, or for more info and to book online, right this way >

 

Oversized Chessboard at The Parker

Lobby of The Parker

Lobby Fireplace at The Parker

Junior Suite at The Parker

Ruben Toledo illustration of Isabel Toledo above bed

Lemonade Stand at the Parker Palm Springs

Staircase at The Parker

More Lobby Seating at The Parker

0 comments: