3 Easy Tips to Saving Your Summer Mani



My fresh, post-weekend mani: Deborah Lippmann Blue Orchid


After a long 4th of July weekend spent BBQ'ing, at the beach and in the pool, I needed rapid recovery in more ways than one. As you too may have discovered, chlorine, sun, sand and salt water do a number on your hands, cuticles, and nails, leaving skin dry and manicures and pedicures chipped and dull. Eager to preserve my summer manis and pedis, I asked Jin Soon, editorial manicurist and founder of the eponymous nail lacquer collection and NYC Hand & Foot Spas for a few simple tips. Here, her words of advice:

  • Make sure you use a lot of moisturizer on your hands, cuticles and nails (my faves include Aveda Hand Relief and/or CND Solar Oil)
  • Use a layer of top coat to make your nails fresh. One coat of JINsoon Top Gloss top coat every three days does magic: it keeps a mani shiny and vibrant and makes it last longer as well - it's the best vacation maintenance there is!


While Jin's the expert here, I'd also recommend adding a supplement to your morning routine - Hum Nutrition's Killer Nails formula is rich in biotin and strengthens nails, leaving a solid foundation for lasting manicures and pedicures. Snag a bottle for $20 at Sephora.

Any tips to lasting summer manis and pedis that I may have missed? Leave a comment below to share!

0 comments: