Finally, a Subscription Box That Makes Perfect Sense



Image via Into the Gloss

While you wouldn't necessarily guess it, I went through a bit of a subscription box phase a year or two ago. Unlike many, my gateway box wasn't Birchbox, but instead the Fancy Food Box (now discontinued)...which let to Quarterly's Nina Garcia subscription, PopSugar and perhaps others...my memory is fuzzy and I'd like to keep it that way, considering how much I spent.

I learned (not as quickly as I might have liked) that while it's fun to open a box of surprises - it feels like a gift you've given yourself - you wind up with an awful lot of crap and clutter you don't need, and wouldn't have purchased, regardless of the "great value" a subscription box provides.  Start-up Lola, on the other hand, is all about utility, and for that reason, I find it pretty darn brilliant.

Tampons. We all need them (well, 50%+ of us need them), and when you run out, it's near disastrous. Lola lets you build-your-own box of 18 tampons choosing from Light, Regular or Super. The box is then delivered when you like. No more frantic drugstore runs required, hallelujah! Best of all, their tamps are 100 percent cotton that's natural and biodegradable. God knows what giant behomoths Kotex and Tampax are putting in their product; rest assured it's not natural.

Learn more about Lola and subscribe here!

0 comments: