New York Fashion Week, Staerk Spring 2009



Danish designer Camilla Staerk showcased her Spring 2009 collection today at Bumble & Bumble downtown. Inspired by "The Storyteller," Danish writer Karen Blixen, the designer married her dual lives into the black & white collection.

"Every Staerk season has had its icon...a woman who has inspired me, personally, and who inspires me to think about my clothes in a new way. But this season, I finally faced up to my ultimate icon. Karen Blixen is someone I read when I was young and still go back to, and more than anything, I wanted to conjusure the spirit of the woman I find in those pages: sensual adventurous, frank."

The Do's
  • Intricate, rich leather work
  • Kate Lamphear of Elle, front row, seemed to be the quintessential Staerk woman

The Don't's
  • Heavy footwear dragged down some of the Spring looks

The Bon Mot

Staerk's look for spring was a bit...well...stark but the effortless cool of her pieces was perfect for an understated, edgy New York woman.

Visit the new Staerk store at 182 Mulberry Street, 212-343-1160.

0 comments: