Venturing Outside of My Comfort Zone: Tsubo

Comfort is actually one of the least important things that I consider when buying shoes. Silly me, I pay more attention to irrational elements like the perfect toe shape or the appropriate heel silhouette. But comfort is a tenet of the Japanese-inspired line Tsubo.

A design-driven collection with a focus on smart ergonomics, Tsubo's footwear is a bit quirky but definitely has sartorial appeal. My favorite pair from the Fall/Winter collection are the Nabu ($140), a shoe/bootie hybrid that boasts a three and a half inch heel (incorporating a covered platform.)

The Nabu have an interesting elfin look and I love the idea of pairing them with a contrasting tight or a pair of dark denim skinny jeans.  And when it comes to comfort, these can't be beat - especially when you take the height into consideration. I feel like I could run a marathon in the Nabu, which is more than I can say for any other three+ inch heel that I own.

Do you have any wardrobe items that take YOU outside of your sartorial comfort zone? Share in the comments!

FTC Disclosure: Tsubo Nabu received for review.

0 comments: