What's Working: Skincare Essentials

As previously discussed, my skin has been the bane of my existence for some time now. For some reason, it refuses to acknowledge that I'm a woman of a CERTAIN AGE and instead rewards my copious beauty product use with blemishes and pigmentation issues. But in recent weeks, I've hit a happy little groove in my skincare and these four products are the reason why:

$17.00 by Mario Badescu at Nordstrom

I've tried almost every blemish-busting product imaginable, to no avail. But in just short of a week, Mario Badescu's Buffering Lotion has cleared up nearly all of my forehead issues, shrinking and clearing blemishes dramatically without drying my skin.  I squirt a generous amount onto a cotton ball and apply twice a day. Best of all, it dries close to clear, so you can dab on a bit of foundation or concealer over it and go about your life.

$29.50 at Origins

Thanks to the stress in my life, eye cream is a non-negotiable. Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream delivers as promised, moisturizing delicate under eye skin and leaving the eye area looking visibly brighter.

 

$22.95 at Lush

The packaging on LUSH's Celestial Facial Moisturizer leaves MUCH to be desired (would a pump bottle be too much to ask for?) but the insanely gentle vanilla, almond milk and dove orchid blend moisturizes effectively and calms sensitive skin in a flash. Light in texture and unscented, this product is PERFECT for the dog days of summer.

 

$30.00 by Elizabeth Arden at Lord & Taylor

Hot humid weather makes the idea of foundation a non-starter, so I've embraced Elizabeth Arden's new Pure Finish Mineral Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 15. It delivers a lovely diffused and glowy finish, as well as necessary SPF protection.

What skincare products are you swearing by this summer?

0 comments: