Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2011: Beauty Beat at Jason Wu

Jason Wu is yet another designer whose show I didn't manage to cover this season, but he's a young talent that I REALLY admire.  And now, Wu is taking his brand to the next level with his first ever collaboration with CND.

Available for purchase next May, the 5 piece Jason Wu Collection ($47) was gifted to show guests this weekend and includes:

 

  • Miss Wu - Jason's signature limestone, a warm gray that dries matte with subtle chrome sheen, in perfect harmony of masculinity and femininity
  • Brigitte - voluptuous warm pink that perfectly channels 50's screen siren
  • Sophia - gorgeous mushroom taupe
  • Veronica - highlights the evolution of decadence with a blue-based, oxblood red
  • Anna Effect - layered over any of the four Colours provides a tweed finish via microscopic fibrous pieces that create cool, subtle texture

 

I must admit that while nail polish is the last thing in the free world that I need to acquire more of, I'll be adding this set to my spring shopping list.

What do you think? Do any of Wu's color creations speak to you?

 

1 comments:

Lilly P said...

Sophia is my favorite color.