Wardrobe Workhorse: The Ankle Boot

I’ve long been a woman of extremes when it comes to footwear. Give me a flat or a sky high heel but nothing in between, a knee high boot or else. An ankle boot merely cuts off my short, stubby little legs off visually, I used to tell myself. Those were lies, however, and this past Fall/Winter, I’ve realized the error of my ways and embraced the ankle boot in a way you can’t imagine. The essentials:

  • A relaxed suede bootie with a manageable heel: Isabel Marant does it best (but doesn’t she always), but if the price tag is prohibitive, try a more affordable iteration from Steve Madden or Aldo.
  • The f*ck me -no, wait, f*ck YOU - bootie: Dress it up or wear it with nothing at all, it’s at its best in black leather with a pointed toe and a high stiletto heel.
  • The peep-toe: I know, I know. A peep-toe bootie (a la the INC jam seen above) is as bad, in theory, as a short sleeve sweater. Yet, for some reason, particularly in transitional Fall and Spring weather, I’ve never had a more versatile shoe. The peep-toe bootie answers the perennial question of what to wear for a night out when temps are in the 50’s or 60’s and a strappier shoe simply won’t do. Give it a try, and you may just be won over.

If your wardrobe is lacking, shop a wide assortment of Anne Klein boots + more at Macys.com.

This post was produced in association with Macy’s.

0 comments: