An ideeli Style Challenge: Desigual's Bold Wedges

It's no surprise to the WORLD, or at least to people who see me on a daily basis, that I love a little color. But when the kind folks at ideeli - one of my FAVORITE online shopping destinations - challenged me with styling these bold and boisterous Desigual wedges, even I took pause.

These babies bring new meaning to the word COLOR, all caps required obvs - they include a bold mix of blue, green, violet and more. Truth be told, I almost took the easy way out and - after all, a bold shoe is the perfect foil to a neutral look. But then, I decided to go for the gold, treat navy as a neutral and make things pop with HUDSON's Nico Mid-Rise Super Skinny Jean in Lavender. If THIS MUCH color isn't isn't for you, take heed, you can absolutely embrace a bright, patterned shoe in a more subtle way. Here are just a few ideas on how to wear Desigual's Celia wedge:

  • To add pop to a casual LBD (little black dress, that is!) for a weekend brunch or a stroll on the High Line
  • To lend contrast and interest to a slim cropped white jean and navy boatneck tee
  • For an unexpected surprise at the foot of a polished black or charcoal short suit
  • With a sweet summer sundress - try pattern with pattern or a simple white eyelet

How would you wear the Celia wedge? Tell me more in the comments, and shop Desigual shoes at ideeli tomorrow!

0 comments: