NAILED It: Sally Hansen & Avril Lavigne Collab

It’s hard to argue the point that nails are a pivotal style expression for many women, myself included.  I devote an hour or two every Sunday to assessing my mood, selecting a color and then indulging in either a salon manicure (Jin Soon Hand & Foot Spa and Blush Nail Lounge are my fave East Village joints) or, when I’m feeling THRIFTY, an at-home treatment.

But I’m no DIY’er, and when left to my own devices, I can’t do more than a simple one color manicure, preferably something forgiving like Rescue Beauty Lounge Grunge (sadly, no longer available) or the like. That’s when Sally Hansen’s genius Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips come into the mix.

This innovative formula of REAL nail lacquer (no, they’re not stickers!) allow me to experiment with bold and snazzy nail designs, no BNA required (that’s Bachelor of Nail Art, obvs.) My favorite kits from Sally Hansen are, surprisingly, the new limited-edition designs created in collaboration with pop star Avril Lavigne.

Despite a gap as wide as the ocean between both our ages and personal style, for some reason, I really CONNECT with Avril on a DIGIT-AL level. Choose from an assortment of glitters, ombre, snazzy leopard prints and more - kits come complete with all you need for the perfect at-home manicure, including 16 nail polish strips, a cuticle stick, mini file and buffer. Snag Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips online and at drugstores nationwide now – they retail for about $9.99.

0 comments: