Sweat-Proofing Your Life: Three Essentials

In the past year and a half,  I've made a real personal commitment to fitness, and it's absolutely changed my life. Not only am I slimmer and stronger, but I also have infinitely more energy and confidence. That said, while I appreciate all of the good things I've dervived from working out, there's still one thing I can do without - sweating! And though I choose primarily low-impact strength training like Mat 57 (that's Physique 57's version of pilates, for the uninitiated) and Chaise 23's Reinvention Chair, even a strength-based session can wreak havok on your appearance, making post-workout brunching that much more difficult. To avoid such 'ish, I've taken to tucking the following essentials in my gym tote - do the same and you may thank me!

Dove Clinical Protection Clear Tone Antiperspirant & Deodorant

It's not an exaggeration to say that I give thanks for this new Dove anti-perspirant and deodorant DAILY, as it not only keeps me desert-dry and smelling sweet, but it also incorporates Calendula, Sunflower Seed Extracts and moisturizers unique to Dove to ensure a more even skin tone (read: no pesky underarm darkness!) Snag at your local mass retailer or online for $7.99 at Drugstore.com.

Big Sexy Hair Weather Proof Humidity Resistant Spray

With summer rapidly approaching and global warming leaving us with a hideously damp spring, it's no exaggeration to say that a mist of Big Sexy Hair's new Weather Proof Humidity Resistant Spray is a non-negotiable, pre-workout or post. The uber-fine mist protects hair from humidity and adds just enough hold, without a HINT of stickiness. Available at Ulta for $18.95.

Always Radiant Wipes-To-Go

My lady parts are important to me, so I never leave home without one or two individually-wrapped Always Radiant Wipes-To-Go tucked in my bag. These gentle wet cloths keep your delicate parts feeling so fresh, so clean (forgive me, Outkast.) Pick them up in the feminine hygiene aisle or on the interwebz for $8.79 at Soap.com.

0 comments: