Long Hair, Don't Care: Viviscal Reviewed

When I was a little girl, my mother refused to keep my hair long - she thought it was too much work to wash and style. Cue to random strangers mistaking me for a boy from the back - that really happened, and more than once. As you can imagine, it was pretty damn traumatizing, so as soon as I was old enough, I grew my hair long and never looked back.

And for a long time, I was pretty defined by my long banged 'do - it was distinctly me. But for some reason, in recent weeks and months, I've been craving change. CHANGE in all caps, if we're being more specific, so off I went to Tommy Guns (one of my favorite NYC salons) for a sleek, angled banged bob. That was a month ago, and truth be told, I almost immediately regretted my decision - you see, my hair wasn't the problem, wasn't the thing that needed to be changed after all. SO, after hearing rumors of hair loss treatment pill Viviscal's extraordinary efficacy when it comes to hair growth and thickness, I committed to a one-month supply of the Extra-Strength formula for about $50 (you can snag here, if you're so inclined.)

One month in, and I'm on the cusp of being a convert. My hair, though noticably more oily, definitely seems to be growing at a more rapid clip than normal - judging by my bangs, which started above my brows and are now grazing my lashes (yes, a trim is in order) I'd say that it's grown about 3/4 of an inch in the past month. Normal rate of growth is about 1/2 inch/month for the average person, for those keeping score at home.

It's admittedly a little too soon to call Viviscal miraculous, but as a woman who subscribes to the "Long Hair, Don't Care" school of thought, I'll continue to take my chances.

More on Viviscal here, purchase online here.

0 comments: