Refreshed Color and a Stormy Sunday OOTD

Nothing keeps a New Yorker from brunch, you guys - not even impending Hurricane Sandy, on track to hit New York tomorrow. I've battened down the hatches since then, but not before taking my new 'do out to Freemans, one of my favorite spots in the LES. 

My new color and bang trim come courtesy of Eiji Salon, which is one of those rare New York salons that holds best-kept-secret status. Founder Eiji Yamane was trained at John Sahag, as were many of his staff, and the salon is best known for a signature, uber-precise dry cut as well as stellar, potentially best-in-the-city corrective color.  Color was the real order of the day for me, as my roots were AGAIN leaning a hot (a hormonal issue, apparently - how appalling), while several layers of color had accrued at my ends, leading to irregularities in hue. Carol took me back to the rich, glossy brunette you see above, while rock star Johnny gave me a bang trim, intuitively understanding my need to channel Bettie Page once my hair grows out a bit. 

To book an appointment at Eiji, call 212.838.3454.

Also seen above: Saks Fifth Avenue cashmere scarf, Zara army jacket, Seven for All Mankind Skinny Cords, Loeffler Randall Satin Ruffle Flats and Proenza Schouler Large PS1 in Military.

0 comments: