The Beauty of Andy Warhol

"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting," pop artist Andy Warhol once declared, and if the new NARS collection inspired by his work is any indication, I'd have to agree.

After MONTHS of anticipation, a range of exclusive Holiday '13 product, including some gorgeous gift sets, have hit Sephora, including the Debbie Harry Eye & Cheek Palette ($65), Flowers 1 Eyeshadow Palette ($55), and the Kiss Mini Larger Than Life Lip Gloss Coffret ($55), complete with collector's tin. All are insanely collectable and incredibly giftable, though let's be real - I plan mostly on gifting myself. Cheers to that, y'all.

Of course, NARS Andy Warhol is the latest in a long line of products created in partnership with The Andy Warhol Foundation over the years. Along with the current crop of amazing 50th Anniversary Campbell's Soup Cans (I got mine on eBay), the current frenzy for all things Warhol made me think of the recent Bond No. 9 New York collection of inspired-by fragrances. There are five, but seen above are a few of my favorites, if for the POP-y packaging alone: Andy Warhol, Success is a Job in New York and Lexington Avenue

True Warhol afficianados in New York or visiting New York in the coming months will also want to visit the new Regarding Warhol exhibit open now through December 31, 2012 at The Metropolitan Museum of Art. While I've heard mixed reviews (the Met doesn't tend to do modern art well), I'll certainly be making my way uptown. If you're so inclined, full details here.

0 comments: