After covering backstage beauty at New York Fashion Week for literally YEARS now, I kind of know, in terms of beauty inspiration and execution, who's going to MAKE my life and who's going to make me wish I had just stayed home. One perennial stand out is New York design duo Ruffian, who year after year churn out some of THE most gorgeous beauty looks, in particular nails, all generally done in collaboration with MAC.
But this fall, Ruffian will partner with Birchbox, the beauty discovery and sampling platform, to launch their first-ever line of nail lacquer and fans get to choose the colors that will make the cut (flip through the gallery below to see all five colors in contention).
- DELIRIUM: The voluptuous blue and purple velvety petals of the African Violet inspired the Delirium of this color.
- FOX HUNT: Inspired by the thoroughbred beauty of the red fox; Fox Hunt’s savage richness will make everyday upper crust.
- LADY ALABASTER: Soft, tender and strong; Lady Alabaster emerges from the quarry solid as stone.
- HEDGE FUND: Nothing is more inspiring than the color of money, and Hedge Fund is impossible to counterfeit.
- VENUS IN FUR: Her beauty is rock solid, yet as soft as mink. Venus in Fur will channel every girl’s inner Greek goddess.
The winning three shades will be sold on Birchbox.com exclusively and will be sampled to subscribers just in time for September Fashion Week (in other words, make sure you're all set with a subscription!)
I'm actually loving all five shades, and in particular the gorgeous sketches illustrating the colors. BUT if forced to choose, I think my votes go to: Delirium, Hedge Fund and Lady Alabaster.
Cast your votes here on the Birchbox Facebook Page through tomorrow!