YOU CAN (Dress a Sweatshirt Up or Down)



Let's be honest with one another, if only for a moment. If you had told me six months ago that SWEATSHIRTS would all of a sudden feel like the height of chic, I'd have told you to smoke another one, Rihanna. BUT, as happens from time to time, I've been proven wrong and find myself newly obsessed with the effortlessness that IS the sweatshirt.

Enter Thread Society*'s high-quality and affordable basics, including the "Sexy, Slouchy Fleece" seen above. After being sent a care package, I experimented with a sweatshirt for both a dressed down look, and a dressed up take for the office (granted, I don't exactly work in banking). Here's what I wore in each test-drive:

Down:
Rachel Leigh and Roman Luxe necklaces
Rag & Bone Skinny Jeans
Isabel Marant Bayley 


Up:
LOFT Necklace
T.Babaton Cohen Pant (so good, I have it in three colors)
Rachel Comey Mars Bootie in Mini Leopard

My key takeaway for styling a more traditional sweatshirt, meaning a straightforward heather gray like this one? Statement necklaces go a loooong way! I worried in both instances that I looked a little casual, but once I threw on some major jewelry, I felt ready for almost any occasion.

Have you experimented with a sweatshirt yet this season? Share any styling tips in the comments!

*For every purchase, Thread Society supplies children in need with brand new tees, hats, blankets or gloves during the winter months through their Shirt for Shirt program. To shop, visit ThreadSociety.com.

0 comments: