For Your Consideration: Kurt Geiger Opens in the West Village

I've been to London a handful of times, and one thing that I'll say about the city is that it's an INCREDIBLE shopping town. Whether my stops are high street or ultra-luxe, I always leave feeling a lot lighter in the wallet. And while I hit many of the classically British department stores like Harrods and Selfridges for shoes, a perennial stop on my UK shopping itinerary has also been Kurt Geiger, a quintessentially London footwear + accessories brand with - until a recent acquisition by The Jones Group (parent company to Nine West, Rachel Rachel Roy, B Brian Atwood and so many other brands) - had no outposts in the U.S.

But, suffer no longer, friends! Kurt Geiger's new West Village store opened last month, and it's worth a visit for the signature shoe chandelier ALONE, but also boasts, essentially, "everything but the dress," i.e. a bold assortment of shoes for both men and women (mostly women, which is fine by me, KG), along with sleek bags and an edited assortment of jewelry.

Brands - all unique to Kurt Geiger - include, in close-to descending price order, Kurt Geiger London, KG Kurt Geiger, Carvela Kurt Geiger and Miss KG. The most expensive is, uncoincidentally, the best made and also unsurprisingly my favorite, but there are gems to be found in each collection. I left the store with the Elliot in Nude, a super sexy pump boasting a sleek metal cigarette heel (available online in White for $335 here).

Visit Kurt Geiger in the heart of the West Village at 375 Bleecker or online, here.

Kurt Geiger Elliot in Nude Patent

0 comments: