Lady Essentials (+ a Hair DIY!): U by Kotex & Goody

The older I get, the less I want to carry – it’s a weird inverse relationship in my life. So, I’ve pared things down to the basics in my purse as of late – wallet, keys, iPhone, lipgloss, ponytail holders and, of course, lady essentials – a tamp or two, you know?

While I’m generally monogamous in my relationships, I was recently wooed by the chic little black box and colorful plastic applicators of U by Kotex – packaging is often the way to bring me over to the proverbial dark side. And at the moment, Target has a tempting little offer of FREE Goody hair elastics when you buy U by Kotex at Target – and only at Target – more proverbial bang for your buck and two purse essentials crossed off the list simultaneously. To partake, text ‘KOTEX’ to 'TARGET' (827438) for your coupon.

If you need a little inspiration beyond the basic ponytail, I whipped up a simple braided ‘do at my desk using the Goody Ouchless Elastics (no snags here, peeps). To replicate, just follow these easy peasy steps:

  • Beginning at each temple, French braid a section of hair – narrow or wide, your choice  - drawing to the back of your head and securing with a Goody elastic
  • Replicate the French braid on the other side of your temple
  • Secure the braids (optional) at the center back of your head with another elastic – something simple or a spicier textured or metallic version.
  • Voila! A simple hair upgrade in 10 minutes or less. 




While all opinions expressed are my own, this post was produced in collaboration with U by Kotex and Style Coalition.

0 comments: