Fall Style To-Do: A Vision Boarding Session!

As the weather begins to cool down in New York, my thoughts inevitably shift to outerwear and boots galore – I’m talking fall shopping, of course! And while I’m making a concerted effort to invest in fewer, better things, I’m also feeling the itch for a style transition of sorts – a shift that feels relevant to the season but appropriate to my life and lately-extra-demanding career. The perfect solution and HOT on my to-do list: a vision boarding session with a few of my most stylish friends.

In case you have yet to be indoctrinated, a vision board is, essentially, a physical representation of your inspiration – in this, fashion-specific case, style inspiration and a shopping list of sorts. Comprised of street style snaps and tear sheets from fall fashion magazines, I’m hoping that a vision board will keep me focused on my wardrobe needs and wants, and less prone to impulse purchases.



Of course, it’s not a party without a signature drink, so I grabbed a bottle of Smirnoff’s new Wild Honey flavored vodka to mix up a cocktail that’s loosely Moroccan inspired, and equally as delicious warm or chilled. 



  • Steep an extra strong batch of mint tea – I used TAZO’s Refresh Mint
  • Mix 3 parts tea and 1 part Smirnoff Wild Honey flavored vodka in a Moroccan tea glass, ice optional (a martini glass would be a perfect substitute)
  • Garnish as desired with fresh mint leaves and/or a lemon twist

Voila! I call it The Moroccan Mint-teani (get it?!)

Do you serve a signature cocktail at home? I’d love to hear about it – share in the comments!

While all opinions expressed are my own, this post was produced in collaboration with Smirnoff Sorbet and Style Coalition.



0 comments: