Never Let 'Em See You Sweat: A Post-Bootcamp Discussion

As previously discussed, I was recently challenged by the Oxygen network and the controversial new series My Big Fat Revenge to take a month's worth of classes at New York fitness studio Circuit of Change. Founded by Brian Delmonico, the class is a high energy bootcamp incorporating elements of yoga and martial arts, yet wholly unique and wholly a challenge!

After taking several classes - all but one with Brian himself - I was reminded of how important it is to get outside of your proverbial box. To be clear, though I'd consider myself at least moderately fit, I tend to stick with what I know - e.g. barre and spin classes - and avoid most cardio like the plague. Not good, people! It's important to be well-rounded, period, but particularly in all arenas relating to your health. I was reminded of that when tuned in to the body (and mind) transformations on My Big Fat Revenge, in fact.

In case you have yet to catch an episode, My Big Fat Revenge is an empowering new docu-series that coaches women - after years of being discounted, humiliated, and rejected because of their weight - to take control of their bodies and in turn, their lives, putting painful pasts behind them, and standing up to the people who hurt them most. Whether or not you agree with the idea of revenge as motivation (I personally take issue), the series encourages CONVERSATION (that's a good thing, peeps!) about fitness, healthy living and most importantly, how to treat people with respect and kindness (regardless of their challenges).

My Big Fat Revenge airs Tuesdays - that's tonight! - at 9pm EST on Oxygen. For a preview of this week's episode, click play below, and for much more, visit Oxygen online.



This post was produced in partnership with Oxygen Network.

0 comments: