Giving Thanks (to a Few Recent Favorites)



As cliched as it may be, I (like many of you) start to take stock around the holidays. The end of the year makes me appreciate all that I've experienced  and accomplished, while Thanksgiving reminds me of the many things I have to be thankful for. That list includes all of the big important stuff, of course - a tremendous roster of friends, a fulfilling and interesting career, an apartment I love coming home to -but also the smaller creature comforts that improve each day in some small measure. Included in that mix?

  • St. Ives unabashedly efficient and inexpensive line of Fresh Hydration Lotion Sprays ($7.69) - try the Soothing Oatmeal and Shea Butter for skin that's already dry from the seasonal transition.
  • A great bra lends, well, support and in my case, can make my molehills look like (a little more like) mountains. Le Mystere's Linguine ($64), a seamless molded cup bra with double straps that are just interesting enough to be sexy, is my current, wear-with-anything favorite.
  • The return of a classic - in this case, Calyx (from $52), formerly in Prescriptives' portfolio, and now relaunched by sister brand Clinique. Calyx is a rare bird of a scent - wildly fresh and explicably sexy with citrus, green and floral notes.

Happy Thanksgiving, peeps!

0 comments: