Making a House a Home: Medallion Rug Gallery


Rag & Bone Harrow Booties
on a Contemporary Turkoman Area Rug from Medallion Rug Gallery


As many of you likely know by now, I recently moved - if at the beginning of the summer still qualifies as recently? As I was moving from a narrow, tiny and dark one bedroom on the Lower East Side to a spacious, modern and light one bedroom in the Financial District, I saw fit to upgrade my life accordingly (this is a danger of living in New York, of course!) So, months later, I'm still putting the finishing touches on my home, with my most recent additions being a sleek little wood and brass bar cart, and this, this GLORIOUS Turkoman rug from Medallion Rug Gallery, a manufacturer and online destination for fine handmade rugs from all around the world.

While I'm by no means a design expert, I will tell you that in my experience, there are two things that make a home feel, well, homier in an instant: art (preferably art that's personal to you and art you adore) and textiles - think throws, curtains (particularly as the weather chills) and rugs, from bedside to area. Medallion's assortment is ENORMOUS, almost overwhelming, in fact - it surpasses any of the rug stores I'd visited in the city. But by using their filtering options (including shape, size and color), you'll be able to narrow in quickly on a few favorites. Find an area rug to love here!

0 comments: