Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week has kicked off in New York, peeps, and in lieu of dragging myself up and down the city in snow, slush and cold, I'll be sharing just some select favorite looks from the shows. First up, almost to be expected, is the cool braided 'do created by master stylist Odile Gilbert for Kérastase Paris at Creatures of the Wind today.
Odile is always one of my favorites - it's unusual that she creates a look that's not worth sharing, and this is no exception.
- On damp hair, create a deep right side part and distribute Mousse Bouffante throughout
- Apply Lift Vertige at the roots and blow dry hair in sections with hands
- On dry hair, disperse Touche Perfection throughout for softness and shine, followed by Powder Bluff for added texture
- Starting at the part, create a large braid that swoops down around the face going towards the back right side of the head. Spray with Laque Dentelle as you go to set the look
- Continue braiding with the rest of the length so the braid sits at the back of the head, and secure with a clear elastic
- Using your fingers, lightly rough up the front of the braid and top of the head for a slightly electric, undone look
- Spray with more Laque Dentelle to keep the style in place