Fall Refresh with Sassoon Salons



If there's one thing that I've learned about myself in the past few years, it's that I'm ill-suited to dramatic hair changes. Ombre? A bob? Bronde (that's brown-blonde) highlights? All left me feeling, not to be dramatic, but nothing short of despair. So, when my friends at Style Coalition invited me to visit Sassoon Salon last week, I knew that the hair gods had intervened. Sassoon comes with a reputation, you see - and one of the very best kind. Founded by the legendary Vidal Sassoon, hair master credited with the invention of, oh you know, the bob, the legacy lives on with a meticulously trained staff - in fact, Sassoon has such a cult following in the industry that hairdressers from around the world take courses to learn Sassoon techniques in their own salon. 

Now, as I think any regular readers know, I'm not a "salon loyalist" by any measure, though I am not above playing favorites. This being my third experience at Sassoon, it's worth noting that each has been somehow better than the last, in large part thanks to the throughtful and thorough personalization. Sassoon stylists are trained to study a client's bone structure, head shape and hair texture to develop the MOST flattering look possible and it makes all the difference in the world. Regional Director Antonio Pagano graced me with this simple, yet masterful reshaping of my somewhat dismal layers:




If you're considering a fall refresh (and to be clear, everyone should consider a fall refresh), Sassoon has two NYC salons, one located at 7 West 56th Street (212.535.9200), and the other at 32 West 18th Street (212.229.2200). Haircuts start at $98, while color begins at $90. For an appointment, visit sassoon-salon.com!

While all opinions expressed are my own, this post was produced in partnership with Sassoon Salons and Style Coalition.

0 comments: