Holiday Cheer: What Not to Miss in NYC this Season



Midtown cheer.


It's a cliche for a reason, guys. New York is truly a magical place to spend your holidays. Now that Thanksgiving has passed, I feel safe in acknowledging that in my eyes, the holiday season has already begun - in fact, I'm planning to put my tree up tomorrow. Whether you live in the city or are planning to visit, below are a few of my seasonal must-do's this (and every!) December:

  • Admire the form and precision of the world-famous Radio City Rockettes at the Christmas Spectacular (Tickets from $46/pp).
  • Sip a mulled wine at Rolf's German Restaurant - trust me when I say that their commitment to holiday lights must be SEEN to be BELIEVED.
  • Bundle up and take in the tree at Rockefeller Center (to be lit this Wednesday, December 3) and the holiday windows at Bergdorf Goodman (no other department store's QUITE stack up).
  • Strap on some skates and embarrass yourself (okay, perhaps that's just me?) at The Standard Ice Rink.
  • Both uniquely charming and uniquely New York, siblings (and rock royalty) Rufus And Martha Wainwright again take the stage for for their annual Noël Nights at Town Hall this December 17, 18 (Tickets from $55/pp).
  • Sip a hot cider and shop one of the city's Holiday Markets - I like Union Square's; go early or go late to avoid being overwhelmed by your fellow shoppers.
  • Immerse yourself in the beauty and whimsy of George Balanchine's The Nutcracker at the New York City Ballet (Tickets from $71/pp).


What holiday activities am I missing?  Tweet me your adds at @eye4style or leave a comment below!

0 comments: