Dark & Stormy: A Visit to Atelier Minyon

At this point, it's redundant to remind ya'll how much I love for jewelry.  How I OBSESS over every piece in my collection and constantly, irrationally add to said collection. While past years have seen my obsession lean toward figural, nature-inspired or lucite pieces, my current (and admittedly, longstanding) weakness is the unexpected, the dark and the edgy.

So, it's surprising that Atelier Minyon, a cozy boutique located in the heart of SoHo, has escaped my notice for so long.  Thankfully, I connected with the brand on Twitter and today, paid the store a visit to check out the current collection.

Based in Turkey and specializing in handmade, often one-of-a-kind pieces, there's an awful lot to obsess over in store. Taking their cues from influences as varied as the Ottoman Empire, Troy and Kanji (Japanese characters), the Atelier Minyon design team creates pieces with a serious sense of history - and serious attitude to boot. In fact, for lovers of all things Gothic and dark (i.e. ME), there's a wide variety of skull, snake, dragon and sword designs, all dressed up in diamonds, rubies, emeralds and more.

While the prices at Atelier Minyon lean towards luxe, jewelry IS an investment and pieces like these will last a lifetime. If you're looking for me, I'll be right here, wishing for a big bonus to blow on my very favorite piece -  the Spotted Tiger Ring below (it's $11,000). For a peek at a few of my other picks, check out the gallery.

Since photos can't do justice to jewelry like this, visit Atelier Minyon at 155 Spring Street or online at www.minyonusa.com.

0 comments: