Trend Alert: Tips and Lips

A few months ago, I was in the company of one of my favorite women in beauty, Butter London Founding Creative Director Nonie Creme. Nonie is wholly gorgeous, super smart and insanely stylish, so of course, I promptly drilled her on trends. And what did she tell me? Well, something surprising at the time, to be honest: matching, yet unexpected mani/pedi shades - think bright greens or crazy teals. Little did I know that Nonie's love of matching would lead to the launch of LIPPY, Butter London's new long-wearing, uber-pigmented lip glosses ($17 each) in five shades that match best-selling lacquers from the BL collection.  My pick of the bunch is easily Snog, a bright and happy pink - and yes, I do love pairing it with the matching, perfectly fuschia lacquer.

Along the same lines, MAC launches Fashion Sets later this week (above). The collection features MAC's most BELOVED hues from around the world, available for the first time EVER in matching Lipstick, Lipglass and Nail Lacquer shades. It's nearly impossible to pick just a shade or two from these best-sellers, but if FORCED, I'd first fight tooth and nail and I'd THEN recommend snagging the hat trick (available for $45) in Russian Red (my favorite red lipstick of ALL TIME, for the record), Girl About Town (a bold, blue-toned fuschia), and Rebel (seen above, and frankly flawless for fall.)

Visit a MAC counter or stand-alone store near you on May 3, or shop online now (and don't forget to peruse the full international selections - I dig both Saint-Germaine and Morange from Asia-Pacific, in fact.)

0 comments: