Fashion Resale Goes Mobile: Meet Cuturia!

Fashion confession time, friends. One of my pending to-do's for MONTHS has a MAJOR, all caps required, closet clean-out. I can't even tell you the amount of silk, cashmere and cotton crammed into my tiny, Lower East Side closet, but it's nothing short of an embarrassment. The reality of fashion resale is quite dreary and labor-intensive, though, even in a city like New York, so I procrastinate, procrastinate and procrastinate. Finally, on a particularly motivated day, you might find me first fortifying myself with alcohol and then schlepping my designer merch to a consignment store and dividing the remainder among clothing exhange shops like Buffalo Exchange, or small, private clothing swaps.

But thanks to the impending launch of mobile app Cuturia, selling my/your unwanted (but still fabulous, make no mistake about it!) wares will be a bit more fun and whole lot easier.

The process is super simple - just snap a few high quality photos of what you've got to sell, and then upload them directly to the Cuturia fashion resale network. Posting takes under 60 seconds and automatically shares on Facebook.

Once you've successfully uploaded your old designer treasures to Cuturia's network, it's easy to search by designer or browse items - Prada, Stella MaCartney, Gucci, DVF, and Alexander McQueen are just a handful of the top designers you'll find.

Cuturia is free to download, free to post, and ship, and wisely integrates Paypal for easy payment (100% of list price!) and USPS, allowing members to create free, pre-paid addressed labels. Buyers are protected by a blanket return policy, and can also download pre-paid return labels from Cuturia. 

Sounds like a resale revolution to me, peeps.

Learn more about Cuturia online and on their Facebook page, and download the iPhone or Android app this fall!

While all opinions expressed are my own, this post was produced in partnership with Cuturia.

0 comments: