On Avoiding Cold Weather Hibernation

While I may be in the minority here, Winter is truly one of my favorite times of year. Chalk it up to a childhood spent in New York State and my many fond memories of snowy winters, nighttime sledding excursions, and (of course!) holiday lights. That said, each season, it tends to get a bit harder to stay motivated as the season drags on and temperatures linger below zero.

I’m a doer by nature, as many of you likely know, so I recommend embracing the season. A few tips to staying active, engaged and ENTERTAINED during winter:

  • Upgrade Your Style: As a fashion-centric person, I LOVE Winter. Thick, big chunky knit sweaters and scarves, a statement-making coat and a gorgeous pair of books (over the knee is major this season – consider investing!)
  • Create a Winter Bucket List: There are so many cold weather activities that I look forward to year round – be it ice skating, shopping the holiday markets or hosting screening parties at home - and a few that I’m itching to try, including SNOWBOARDING.
  • Get Away! One thing I truly, finally learned last winter was that a sunny getaway mid-season is an ESSENTIAL! The cold becomes, at a certain point, exhausting – so refresh yourself with some sun, surf and a tropical cocktail or two.
  • Entertain Indoors: Now that I’m all moved into a new apartment, I love hosting friends more than ever. Incorporate a winter libation (or two!), like the Spiked Horchata I recently mixed up, using Smirnoff’s new Cinna-Sugar Twist flavored vodka.

Equally as good warm or on ice, it’s a play on the traditional Mexican rice beverage. In this case, I mixed a pre-made Horchata (if you’re ambitious, you can try making your own) with the sweet yet airy Smirnoff Cinna-Sugar Twist flavored vodka, and garnished with fresh cinnamon and an apple slice.  



How do you avoid winter burnout, friends? I’d love a little shared inspiration!

While all opinions expressed are my own, this post was produced in collaboration with Smirnoff and Style Coalition.

0 comments: