A Definitive List of 6 Contemporary Brands You Should Never Pay Full Price For



While I wouldn't call myself a habitual off-price shopper, an expert shopper I am - that I'm confident in. I'm a member of every imaginable flash sale site, I hit the sample sale rounds in NYC regularly, and scan the racks of my local TJ Maxx more often that I'd like to admit (#maxxinista alert!). And through all of that shopping, it's become glaringly apparent to me that there are several well-designed, well-loved contemporary brands that I'll never need to pay full price for - including several of my go-to brands. Whether it's because their mark-up is extreme, or they're over-producing, with rare exception, these are the brands that you can ALWAYS find off-price, regardless of season:


  • Theory - regular appearances on flash sale sites, today Rue La La
  • Helmut Lang - be it at the Woodbury Common outlet or this week's sample sale, can always be found below retail
  • Equipment - see The Outnet's assortment today alone
  • Joie - sample sale is the stuff of legend, with pieces beginning at just $20
  • Current-Elliott - As a sister brand to both Joie and Equipment (#themoreyouknow), see above
  • Vince - generally fills the racks of my local TJ Maxx, with frequent appearances on flash sale sites


0 comments: