Backstage Beauty #NYFW Fall '13: Jouer for Kate Spade

For this morning's Kate Spade Fall '13 Presentation, makeup artist Neil Scibelli for Jouer created a look inspired by Kate Spade’s hometown, New York City, during the ‘70s when Andy Warhol’s Factory and Studio 54 epitomized “party glamour.”

The classic cat eye and red lip complement the collection’s vivid color palette of NYC Citron, Empire Beige, Asphalt, Maraschino, Shocking Pink and Disco Purple. In Scibelli's words:

"To begin, I used Jouer Matte Moisture Tint to create a clean and matte base for the skin, using Jouer Age-Repairing Concealer where needed. I left the brows clean and groomed. For the eyes I used Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Crème as an all over base, applying Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Amaretto in the crease. I thickly lined the eyes with Jouer Liquid Shimmer Liner in Panther, extending and winging out. I finished with Jouer Everyday Classic Wear Mascara. I applied Jouer Tint in Honeysuckle on the apples of cheeks, blending outwards for a subtle pop of color. To finish the look I used a beautiful true red lip, Jouer’s Hydrating Lipstick in Simone, topped with Essential Lip Enhancer for extra shine.”

0 comments: